Cancer Care

Pearlz Blog Series-Pain Symptoms

PAIN SYMPTOMS Brief Overview Cancer-related pain can be either acute or chronic. Acute pain may be directly related to cancer (i.e., pathological fracture, obstruction), a side effect of the treatment (i.e., mucositis, neuropathy) or co-medications (i.e., pegfilgrastim). Chronic pain is usually due to the tumor itself (3/4 of cancer pain patients), but can also be…

Read More

Mahan Health with Dr. Hanisha

PODCAST – Integrative Oncology with Dr. Gurdev Parmar Details Cancer was the second leading cause of death in 2020 and outside of chemotherapy and radiation there still are few options conventionally. In this episode we talk about how prognosis and quality of life are improved when combining Naturopathic and conventional medicine. IN THIS EPISODE: I…

Read More

Pearlz Blog Series-Colorectal Cancer

COLORECTAL CANCER Brief Overview A person with an average risk of colorectal cancer has about a 5% chance of developing colorectal cancer overall. Generally, most colorectal cancers (about 95%) are considered sporadic. Inherited colorectal cancers are less common (about 5%). Often, the cause of colorectal cancer is not known. However, the following factors may raise…

Read More

Naturopathic Oncology, What Does That Mean?

Naturopathic Oncology, What Does That Mean? Thanks for attending our recent webinar with AANMC. We had a wonderful turnout and your questions were engaging and informative. If you’d like to revisit this presentation, you can find the recording here: Link to the Webinar Click Here Yours in Health, Gurdev Parmar, ND

Read More

Pearlz Blog Series-Bladder Cancer

BLADDER CANCER Brief Overview An estimated 80,470 adults (61,700 men and 18,770 women) in the United States will be diagnosed with bladder cancer. Among men, bladder cancer is the fourth most common cancer. Men are four times more likely than women to be diagnosed with the disease. Ninety percent (90%) of people with bladder cancer…

Read More

Pearlz Video

PEARLZ VIDEO INTRODUCTION Introduction video to Clinical Pearlz eBook Series.   Link to the Pearlz website Click Here Yours in Health, Gurdev Parmar, ND

Read More

Pearlz Blog Series-Introduction-Cancer Symptoms (cont.)

PEARLZ INTRODUCTION – Cancer Symptoms (cont.) This first Clinical Pearlz eBook Series on side effect management includes the integrative approach to the management of many common side effects. For each side effect, a description of the symptom and its pathophysiology is followed by the naturopathic and conventional treatment considerations. As the contributors include very experienced…

Read More

Pearlz Blog Series-Introduction-Cancer Symptoms

PEARLZ INTRODUCTION – Cancer Symptoms The role of any healthcare provider is to optimize outcomes for the patient, to ensure there are no contraindications to chosen therapies, to lessen the risk of developing long term sequelae, and to safely lessen side effects of conventional treatments. It is the last task, mitigation of side effects, that…

Read More

Naturopathic Oncology

Naturopathic Oncology, What Does That Mean? From cancer screening, to active co-management during treatment, to aftercare and survivorship, find out exactly what a naturopathic oncology practice looks like in our upcoming webinar! In just 1 month, Dr. Gurdev Parmar will be joining AANMC to introduce you to this incredibly challenging and rewarding field of naturopathic…

Read More

Pearlz Blog Series-Introduction-Cancer Types (cont.)

PEARLZ INTRODUCTION – Cancer Types (cont.) In addition to the integrative treatment considerations discussed in an earlier post, well-evidenced lifestyle measures such as exercise, normalization of circadian rhythm, proper nutrition, and stress reduction are foundational for all patients. The evidence suggesting benefit of foundational measures is substantial and the risk/benefit clearly favors implementing these basic…

Read More